After 40 years, I finally made it to China! And I'm going to walk on the Great Wall. Wohoo! But first we are going to The Forbidden City. We ported in Tianjin, and were greeted with a heartfelt welcome from the Chinese government. They provided entertainment, including the revered Dragon Dance (the dancers in blue), which I caught on video. And to no surprise and they caught everything on CCTV. As I was watching the entertainment, the drone was literally in my face. And later when I headed out on the excursion, the film crew followed me. If you see me, please forward me the link. It was quite smoggy in Tianjin, so my pictures may be a little blurry. We found out later that the Chinese government moved all smog producing factories out of Beijing and into Tianjin, to clean up the air for the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics. It was a 3+ hour drive to Beijing. We were lucky that we didn't arrive yesterday as it was a day a remembrance. It is a day when all Chinese visit...
Since we were in Hong Kong overnight I took the opportunity to go to the 'Symphony of Lights' show which was displayed across Victoria Harbor Then I headed back up to Victoria Peak to see what I missed This is what was in the fog you saw earlier Here are some pics from around town, view from Victoria Harbor, the Clock Tower and some interesting structures
Today we headed to Chichen Itza, 1 of the 11 Wonders of the World. We had to be at our tour station by 6:45am, even before the sunrise. Then we took a Ferry from Cozemel (an island) to Playa De Carmen on the mainland Then a Bus to Yucatan And four hours later we are at Chichen Itza. It is the former home of the great Maya civilization, the ruins features 6 square miles of ancient structures. It is also a UNESCO World Heritage site Me at the El Castillo - the Great Pyramid of Kukulkan The Temple of the Warriors The largest preserved Mayan Ballpark in the world. The little circle is what they have to get the ball in - Kind of like Harry Potter Temple of the Jaguars And the Observatory as seen from the Hotel where we had a very nice lunch. Now can you see the Observatory Lunch time entertainment My first new key chain - only 100 or so to go. Hahaha
Comments
Post a Comment