January 27 - Prep for Machu Picchu

Tomorrow we head to Machu Picchu from Pisco. We leave at O'dark thirty. We spend 1/2 a day traveling to Cusco and then we do some sightseeing. I will be staying at the five star Hotel Monasterio, which in its former life was a monastery. I am soooo looking forward to a hot bath! Then they will be hosting a Gala for us at an old convent. The next day we head to Machu Picchu. There is currently a train strike going on, so fingers crossed we make it there. Then it's back to our hotel and the next day we catch up with our Ship/Home in Lima.

For those of you keeping up with this journal, here is something to entertain you. Here are some towel animals my steward has been leaving me. Can you believe it, it's been 7 weeks since the start of this adventure. Time flies when you are having fun!

I think it's a Duck.


Definitely an Elephant

A Lamb

A Bear

My Favorite a Sad Little Something
                 

I've kept this one and it stays on my night stand





Comments

  1. Love the towels! Jealous about Machu Picchu, would love to go there. But happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

December 13 - Cozemel - Chichen Itza